The Connexity Publisher Program is driven by Connexity, Inc. (previously known as Shopzilla, Inc.), which powers many of the most powerful and easy-to-use shopping search sites on the Web, including Bizrate.com, Shopzilla.com and Beso.com. With an index of millions of CPC-monetized products from thousands of stores, the Catalog API and HTTP Data Feed provide publishers with intuitive access to BizRate’s inventory of cataloged products and merchant offers through a query-based web service accepting various parameters, allowing publishers to filter based on their website’s shopping content needs.
Connexity Publisher Program Terms and Conditions
By accessing the Connexity Publisher Program via the API or JSON data feeds, you agree to the Connexity, Inc. Publisher Program Terms & Conditions. Additionally, use of the Catalog API or JSON data feeds comes with specific restrictions and limitations that you must abide by:
- You may only use the Catalog API or JSON data feeds to display shopping content on the website(s) identified when you registered to participate in the Connexity Publisher Program. You are not entitled to payment for traffic generated through undeclared websites. If you would like to use the Catalog API or JSON data feeds on other websites, you are required to contact the Connexity Publisher Team for approval first.
- Merchant direct links may only be used for comparison shopping display. Prices and respective merchant names must be listed with each product displayed.
- Where you choose to display a specific product, you must display a minimum of three (3) merchant offers for this product. If there are less than three offers available for a product, all available offers must be displayed. When there are more than three offers available for a product, if all available offers are not displayed on the page, a “see all offers” link must be clearly available that either links to a page on your website that shows all offers, or links directly to the BizRate “Compare Stores & Prices” page for that specific product.
- Catalog API or JSON data feeds users are allocated 200,000 calls per day. Should you intend to increase your daily call volume 20% or more, you must notify the Connexity Publisher Team in advance of your planned increase.
- If you are caching product or offer data, you are required to refresh your cache no less frequently than every six (6) hours.
- The Connexity Publisher Program will make all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the availability of the Catalog API or JSON data feeds, but shall in no way be held liable in the event that monetization of your website is impacted by downtime or other technical issues adversely impacting the functionality of the Catalog API or JSON data feeds.
Catalog API Interactive Documentation
Our interactive documentation is easy to use, even if you are not sure what you would like to do quite yet. You are able to enter desired parameters into a simple test form, and sample XML, JSON, or JSONP is returned for review. This interactive documentation is updated with any Catalog API production release, so it is always current and provides a good means of testing new parameters to determine whether or not you would like to make use of them within your website.
For those unfamiliar with our Catalog API, this product provides advanced publishers with intuitive access to our wide inventory of cataloged products and merchant offers through a query-based web service accepting various parameters, allowing publishers to filter based on their website’s shopping content needs. Based on these publisher-supplied parameters, customized shopping content is returned within an XML, JSON, or JSONP response. Because we offer both Bizrate and Beso content through the Catalog API, you are able to toggle between documentation specific to each by way of a link in the upper righthand corner.
HTTP Data Feed
The HTTP Data Feeds include all of our paid CPC merchant offers which are updated every 4-6 hours. JSON files are also available for download via HTTP for easy access. To acquire feed login information along with full documentation on using the JSON data feeds, please contact the Connexity Publisher Team.